Sunday, June 29, 2014

2014 Monarch Visit

We were so excited. While my beloved was cooking and I was drinking coffee, my oldest suddenly shouted, "LOOK! A Monarch!!"  Much excitement ensued as we LOVE having Monarchs by our back door!

And, as I just looked out again, she was back laying an egg! WOOHOO!  M3 really wanted to catch her and give her a hug. I had to explain to her how important it was that we don't grab her (even though we do want to give her a hug for coming to our yard). I think it might be time to go to the museum so she can learn more about why we don't grab butterflies.






 


Go here for the 2nd of 3 posts about Monarchs this year: (Monarch - the caterpillars)
Go here for the 3rd of 3 posts about Monarchs this year: (Finally - an emergence from a chrysalis)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa, I am so jealous! I've had milkweed growing in my yard for about 4-5 years now and have never once spied a monarch. I've seen tons of milkweed beetles which I think are kind of cute, but no monarchs! I'll keep on the lookout though. One of them is bound to find my plants eventually!

    ReplyDelete